Sunday, January 7, 2024

Graduation Celebrations






































I stressed so badly about Lofton's graduation party. I felt like my house needed to be perfect. We got a new couch for the party; my dad helped me spray paint my outside furniture; I restained m y deck for the second summer in a row because I didn't pressure wash it the first time, and I failed to do it again, so it was a big huge job that took forever, and I'll need to do it again. We got some new furniture for pool deck. We worked on landscape. We got a lot done, and probably no one noticed any of the stuff I stressed about, but it felt good to have it nice. The party was great. The weather cooperated. Plenty of people came even though it was Mother's Day. I originally had scheduled it for the Friday before graduation, but Lofton ended up having a track meet. The food at the party was, of course, great. Everyone hung out and had a good time. Lofton got to drive Heather's new fancy car. He got a lot of money and gifts, and those who we truly love and care about got to come. 

We also celebrated him with our church family the Sunday after graduation. Our church family is always very generous and kind. He received so much money and well wishes. We are blessed to have a supportive church family who love and care for him. 

 

No comments: