Saturday, January 6, 2024

Devotio & Senior Parade
















Goodpasture knows how to honor our graduates and make their last days special. Lofton ended up joining our school's Devotio team, which is a group of high school students who put on skits during devotional for all students to enjoy. I was very shocked when he told me he was doing this, but I was very proud and very excited. Lofton was always very outgoing and willing to put himself out there, but being a teenager is hard, and when he was in middle school and early high school years, he became a bit more of an introvert. However, by his senior year, my confident Lofton was back. I am so proud of him for joining this group. The last day of his senior year, they did a special skit. 

Another way we honor our grads is with a senior parade that started during Covid when we had to social distance.  However, another thing about Goodpasture is that we keep traditions rolling, so they never quit the parade, and they just made it a new tradition. Right before the parade, seniors got to eat lunch on lawn: food trucks came in and Lofton and I ate with Reese. Then he and Reese and Jaron told me they were going to get water balloons and water guns--- even though Lynn had told them no water! Fortunately, Lynn loves them and is a good sport: she even nailed them back with a water balloon. It was a fun day; one that was bitter sweet because it was fun and sad all at the same time. I hate he won't be here next year, but I am so excited for his future. 
 

No comments: