Thursday, December 18, 2008

Twenty Months Old


It seems like I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with how old Landon is. Everytime someone asks me it seems as if I am a month off. I don't even know where month nineteen went. For the past two months, I have been telling people that he is eighteen months. Well, today he jumped right to twenty months. The saying about the days being long but the years being short is so true.

Anyways, Landon is such a joy. It is funny just how different he is from Lofton. Landon is sweet and lovable just like Lofton, but Lofton was so different at twenty months old. Lofton would sit and watch hours of Blues Clues or Wiggles, and Landon might watch ten minutes or so of Elmo or Curious George. It is so funny how you expose them to the same things but they have different likes. Lofton never cared for Elmo at all, and I've tried to get Landon to watch Blues Clues, and he is uninterested, which is surprising since he LOVES dogs.

Landon is a total book worm. He can't get enough. I think he would let me read to him for hours. In fact, the other day he sat in his room by himself for thirty minutes looking at his books.

Landon is my good sleeper. He tells us when he is sleepy, and he'll ask to be put in his bed. He was such a difficult baby who would rarely nap, but now he takes a good two to three hour nap a day.

He loves school- especially Ms. Shirley, and unlike his brother at this age, Landon doesn't seem to be the least bit bothered when I leave him at school. He does get excited when I pick him up though, and he always greets me with hugs and kisses and then immediately demands a drink. By the way, he talks quite a bit. My most favorite thing to hear him say is balloon. It sounds like blaloon. It is precious.

Anyways, he is such a joy. I can't believe that he will be turning two before I know it- literally.

No comments: