Monday, December 22, 2008

Let the Christmas Celebration Begin








Our Christmas celebration began this weekend when Mimi and Pop Pop came down for Christmas #1. Lofton was so excited that he didn't have to wait five more days for presents. As soon as my mom and dad got here, he said, "Mimi, I haven't seen you in a week." Surpisingly, he did not ask for a present right off the bat; he made them play Wii with him. After Landon got up though, he asked for his annual one present that he opens before we actually have our Christmas. Landon and Lofton of course racked up. Lofton was exstatic when he opened his Lego Batman game. He tore through his gifts in a matter of seconds, while Landon opened one, sat down by Santa, and gave Santa a hug. Whenever we have taken him to see Santa, we console his tears by telling him that Santa is going to bring him presents; I guess he thought Santa had come through. The boys got so much; some of the favorites were an Elmo laptop, VSmile WAll-E game, Lego Batman, trucks, Spiderman scooter, and a race track. The most interesting was the Curious George 3in1 soap and shampoo. Not sure what third thing it does.

The hit was Phillip's Rock Band, which he played ALL day on Saturday. Phillip did break from it so he and I could go to dinner and finish our Christmas shopping.

Our weekend quickly ended on Sunday when my parents had to leave early because of bad weather their way. I didn't even get a picture of the boys with my mom and dad; I was waiting for church on Sunday when I had everyone dressed up. Well, we'll get that pic in January when they come back. We may actually head up there to see some snow. Thanks, Mimi and Pop Pop for making our kick off to Christmas so much fun.

1 comment:

Jana Thomas said...

I love the pic of Landon looking at Santa and the rock band family pic is funny.