Monday, December 8, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

If you have ever gone out to eat with Phillip, you quickly learned that Phillip reads the entire menu word for word even if we have been to the restaraunt a thousand times, and he usually has something to say about the meal or the server- not always something bad to say but something to say. In fact, once after having Lofton, Phillip and I actually got a night out, and we went to PF Changs. When we got our food, Phillip showed me that there was a hair in his meal. I told him that he better not ruin my first night out in a long time, and surprisingly, he did not say anything. Well, tonight, we were eating dinner at Cracker Barrel, and the server came and asked if we needed anything, and out of nowhere, Lofton said, "This macaroni and cheese is cold." I, the embarrassed one, said, "Oh, Lofton, it's fine," and Phillip reaches over, takes a bite, and says, "Well." So, Lofton received a new order of mac and cheese- surely the lady wouldn't spit in a four year old's meal.

If I wasn't embarrassed enough, when Landon finished eating, he came and sat with me and kept saying, "Snake" and pointing. We looked around and it took us a minute to see that he was referring to the man's beard beside us. It was actually a goatee but on each side the hair was long and curly. I really wanted to take a picture, but Phillip would not give me his phone. Luckily, Lofton never caught on to where the snake was!

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

that is the best...at least he is honest - well!

Spellings Fam said...

Too funny!