Monday, December 8, 2008

Polar Express Party

Kids' reaction to walking in and seeing Santa

Lofton waiting his turn to see Santa



Jude with Santa

Landon opening his book


Sunday was our children's Christmas party at church. Becky and I together with Brandon and Shelby Hill planned a Polar Express party. The kids were told to wear their pjs, so I when I was picking out a pair for Lofton, he informed me that he wasn't wearing them because they "weren't cool ones." So, he ended up wearing a pair of Iron Man pjs. The kids had a good time drinking hot chocolate, listening to Leslie Marberry read The Polar Express, eating pizza and cupcakes, telling Santa what they want, decorating ornaments, and exchanging books. When Lofton sat on Santa's lap to tell him what he wanted, he got nervous. Lofton didn't really know what to say; he told Santa he wanted a dinosaur(first I'd heard) and a bookshelf (we were in the library; he obviously just looked around when Santa asked him what else he wanted.) After his chance, he sat on my lap and said, "I have to sit on his lap again." When it was time to leave, I let him sit on Santa's lap one last time, and after much thought he told Santa he wanted a "dog and a Ben 10 toy." Landon vocally refused to have anything to do with Santa, but Landon loved opening his present. As I was tucking Lofton in last night after the party, he told me that the Santa wasn't the real Santa because "he didn't talk like Santa." I did not notice, but apparently, "Santa" never said, "Ho, Ho, Ho!"

1 comment:

Joni said...

That's a pretty good santa. I am impresses.