Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tea by the Sea




Lofton's class had a tea by the sea luncheon in honor of Mother's Day this year. Luckily, my classes were involved in field day, so I snuck away for an hour to go to his program and eat lunch. His class sang songs to the mother's, and when I say class I mean class. Lofton did not sing; he just sat in my lap and said, "Are you listening momma?" He was so sweet though. I felt so good when I walked in because he was so excited to see me and so proud to have me sit with him on his beach towel. He told me so many times that he loved me, and that was the best gift he could have given me; however, he had a few gifts in store for me as well. His class read a book called Memory Box for Mother, and he had made me a memory box that consisted of a bandaide for the care I give, a nut for our silly, fun times, Hershey kisses for the love I give, and gum because we stick together. Now though, my box has a bandaide in it and the gum because he ate my peanut and Hershey kiss. He had also made me a sweet card and drew a picture of us on a questionaire about me that he had answered. In my son's eyes I am, "as pretty as a bug; I am 1580 tall; I have green eyes, and I am best at playing games."

I am so lucky to have a sweet son like Lofton and Landon. They bring Phillip and I so much joy. We are truly blessed.

No comments: