Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Genes and Attitude

Cousins

Pop Pop with the boys

Landon giving granny her gift; he couldn't wait to open the presents

Landon and me with Micah

Buddies (Lofton and Benjamin)

My mom and Kady with Granny


My granny, who the boys call Nan Nan, turned 85 on Thursday, May 21st. She does so well for her age, and she says it is all "genes and attitude." My mom and Aunt Kady threw her a surprise party at the Marshall Cafe, and the boys and I made the trip to celebrate with her. Lofton couldn't wait to jump out and yell surprise, but unfortunately, we were late (after traveling all day, I had to shower and change), but he still got to run in and announce surprise because she had no idea we would be coming. He kept asking me if we were going to play games. Although there were no organized games, he had fun playing with my second cousins Micah, Abby, Hannah, Alex, Benjamin, and Eli. Who most all have blonde hair for those who always wonder where my children get their blonde hair. Not sure how the whole chromosomal thing works, but there are blonde headed people in our family. It was a wonderful party for a woman so deserving of honor. I have so many fond memories of my granny, and since this is my journal/scrapbook, I am going to use this space to jot down some of my favorite memories of our times together.

Good Times with Granny...
-Playing with my Fisher Price doll house and making things/furniture for it.
- Eating samples and making rolls and pies
-Going to Crown City for icecream
-Falling to sleep by "turning ourselves into jelly"
-Digging wells in her backyard
-Eating the special lunches she made me which consisted of finger type foods
-Riding her bike to Mum's by myself; I felt so grown up
-Riding to Scott Town/Witches' Hollar
-Listening to her spooky stories including "Mary, I'm on the First Step"

1 comment:

Joni said...

Sounds like a great Granny! Don't you love when the whole family gets together.