Monday, May 4, 2009

Creekin


Ok, so it has been raining since Friday, and after spending a day in doors, we just had to get out, so on Saturday, the rain let up for awhile, and we decided to get outside. I knew the boys would get wet, but I didn't know how much. Of course, the first place they wanted to go was the creek to "throw rocks". We hadn't been there long when Lofton started to take off his pants. I asked him what in the world he was doing, and he replied, "getting in." I decided it wouldnt' hurt especially since he had on crocs, but I forgot that little brother would be next. Landon didn't bother to take off his pants though; he just stepped in pants, tennis shoes, and all. They had a blast playing in the dirty muddy creek water for over an hour until Landon got in over his head, and I had to get in the dirty, muddy creek water. He didn't go under; he was quite the swimmer. He laid down, and his arms could touch, but he was having a hard time getting back up. When I drug him out, he pointed to the other side of the creek where it was much shallower and where I had been directing them to play all day and said, "other pool." Now, I am not sure why he likes to play in this "pool" especially when it was a little cold out because last weekend when it was 80 degrees we broke out the baby pool, and I even put hot water in it to warm it up, and he still wouldn't get in.

Yesterday, I went to Target to get Landon some crocs because I know we will be doing this everytime it rains this summer, and the lady at the checkout asked me what the shoes were called. I told her that they're knock off crocs, that I have to have since my little one likes to play in the creek, and she said, "Oh, so he can go creekin in his crocs." Yes, we live in Tennessee!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That is too cute, he was playing follow the leader. They are 100% all boy.