Monday, December 21, 2009

Lofton is 5 and 1/2


It is so hard to believe that Lofton turned 5 and 1/2 on the 19th. Lofton is such a sweet, kind hearted little boy. We are blessed to be his parents.

~Lofton is the best big brother, and he is constantly talking about "how cute" he thinks Landon is and how much he loves Landon.
~Lofton loves playing video games, and he is so good at them.
~Lofton, like his daddy, loves to watch Man vs. Food as well as about anything on the History or National Geographic Channel. He recently asked to stay up while I put Landon to bed so he could watch a documentary show on a giant squid. So, I set the timer, and the next morning, he was so upset that he hadn't got to see how much it weighed.
~Lofton loves to talk about God, and he knows a lot about the Bible. He floored me on Sunday when he kept raising his hand in children's church to answer questions. He was so confident, and I was so proud of him because he was in a class with older kids, and I was proud of him because he knew the answers.
~He does all he can to please me and to make me happy.
~I love to sit and read to him. He asks lots of questions. We are currently reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, and he is so concerned that the Herdmans are such mean kids.
~Lofton can start the car by himself, and he loves it when I give him the keys and let him do it.
~Lofton loves babies. He is so sweet to them; he likes to make them laugh.
~Lofton thinks his daddy can do anything!
~Lofton is so competitive, and though he is getting older, he still hates to loose!
~Lofton has figured out how Landon ticks, and Lofton does a great job of helping me convince Landon to do things. Just the other day, I was having a hard time getting Landon to put on his shirt, and the wise Lofton looked at Landon and said, "That's a cool shirt Landon, can I wear it?" And, just like that, Landon put it on, and Lofton actually winked at me. Of course, Lofton also helps me get Landon ready for bed at night by making a contest out of it to see who (Lofton or Landon) can get their pjs on first. When Lofton wins, he is big enough to let Landon think he won, but when Lofton actually looses, the competitive nature comes out and he struggles with it.
~Lofton is smart, and he has best memory. He doesn't forget a thing!

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Lofton. We love you!

No comments: