Sunday, December 20, 2009

Growing Up


The Griffins came over for dinner on Thursday, and the kids exchanged Christmas presents. We had them open the gifts youngest to oldest; Gabe of course went first, and the Landon, Jude, Lofton, and Ella. Watching them wait their turn just made me realize how quickly time goes. I can vividly remember Ella's first Christmas before I even had children, and now what seems like no time, I have two children to celebrate with, and Amy has three.

Hearing Ella announce that she was SEVEN and would go last made me question where the time goes, but seeing Gabe sitting at the table eating dinner by himself floored me. It is amazing how quickly children grow up. I couldn't believe that the "baby" who was just sitting in the booster feeding himself a bottle a month or so ago is now sitting at the table with the other kids drinking from a sippy cup!

1 comment:

Joni said...

I know! It makes me sad just to think about it!