Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hard Habit to Break

Like a line from an old Chicago song, I've gotta a "hard habit to break." I don't know what is up with me, but when putting the boys in their car seats, I constantly use the top of my car as a catch all for anything and everything that is in my hands. And more than once or twice or three times for that matter, I have driven off with my belongings on top of my car. Let's see, I have driven to Hendersonville with my cell phone on top of my car, and when I arrived at the Roses, it was still there; I guess I'll admit that this wasn't the only time I did that either, not too long ago, I drove home from Kroger and when I got home, I found my phone on top of my car. I am constantly misplacing my keys, and guess where I normally find them? Yep, I find them on top of my car. For the most part, I have been lucky, and I haven't lost much- at least that I know of. I did loose Lightning McQueen once, but we had three others so it didn't matter. Well, today, I have come to realize that I have got to break this habit because I lost a dvd that I had just rented from Movie Gallery. If you know me, I hate to loose something, so I spent my entire afternoon searching for this dvd and retracing my steps, but I had no luck. I called Movie Gallery and asked if anyone had turned it in, and then I confessed to the sales clerk what had probably happened. When I got off of the phone, I couldn't stand it anymore,so I got in my car and headed back to Movie Gallery. As I drove, I looked on the side of the road, but I did not find it until I was headed back home when I saw what looked like a dvd case on the side of HWY 76. I pulled over and sure enough I found a crumpled case and back a few feet from it, I found the insert but no dvd. This is definetely going to lead to a new obsession for me; I will probably look on top of my car three or four times before taking off. Luckily, Lofton was holding on to the game he had rented or we would have lost a dvd and a video game! When I return the game to Movie Gallery and have to explain what happened, maybe I will use Amy's line, "Well, I do have two small children, but I am pretty sure neither of them did it!" ha ha

2 comments:

Joni said...

That sounds like something I would do. I left my keys to my car on top of my car once and drove to church with my spare keys (cuz I couldn't find my keys). When I got to church they were still on top of my car!

Amy Griffin said...

Hey, there was a Bible on 76 this morning and I was wondering if it was yours...