Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy the Honeybee Goes to the Airport





Every since the beginning of school, Lofton has anxiously awaited his turn to bring home Happy the Honeybee, and yesterday, he finally got his turn. When he came home, he started telling me all of the things that he was going to do with Happy, and I asked him if he would like to take Happy to sit on an airplane. My cousin Chad called while Lofton was at school, and told me that he was in town for the day and asked if I would like to bring the boys to the airport to see the plane. Of course, I jumped at the chance to spend some time with Chad, and I knew Lofton would love it. Phillip actually picked Chad up at his hotel and brought Chad to our house to spend the afternoon with us, and then we all went to dinner before heading to the airport. Lofton loved touring the plane; he even let Happy sit in the cockpit with him and Chad. We all, including Happy, had so much fun spending the evening with Chad.

3 comments:

Joni said...

What a fun experience for Happy the Honeybee! I bet he/she loved it. Before reading I thought maybe you all chartered a jet for a quick trip out of town. Wouldn't that have been nice!

Amy Griffin said...

yeah for Happy! He/she also got to watch a great soccer game last night.

Lewis Family said...

That looks like fun! So glad you were able to time with Chad - good for you!!