Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Finally!




For Lofton's second birthday, Phillip and I had planned on getting Lofton a swingset, but Phillip, the savy shopper, just never broke down and bought one, so we bought a train table instead. So, now that both boys' birthdays are near (Landon's is next week and Lofton's fourth is June 19), we decided to buy a swingset for both of them. I sent Phillip to Walmart on Sunday to check out the different swingsets, and of course, he came back with nothing. I figured that another summer or two would pass before we ever discussed it again, but then Lofton woke up from his nap and asked Phillip where his swingset was; he had obviously heard us discussing getting one. This question clenched the deal, and the two of them headed to Walmart, and within thirty minutes they returned with one that Lofton had picked out. I am proud to say that it is already together and waiting to be played on. Lofton, Landon, Ella, and Jude all tried it out to make sure Phillip did his job well; I am happy to report that it is still intact.

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

It looks like it was put up at the perfect angle too! Phillip did a great job being speedy. Maybe he could go and help Larry and Joni with theirs.

Joni said...

Okay, I tried the typing thing and let's just say I will not be posting my score on my blog. And I thought I was pretty good, guess not. I must say I am impressed with the swing set being up so quick. Did you have trouble with unlevel ground. All this spring weather and everybodies new swing sets are making me crazy about the one in my garage!