Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Landon










It is hard to believe that Landon is already one! I am not sure where the past year went. I guess when you are busy with a toddler too it makes your days fly by. Landon's party was successfull; I wasn't sure I could pull it off since I had to plan WHCA's spring fundraiser dinner for the night before, but luckily, Phillip and Mimi do all the hard stuff, so we got it together in time. Lots of our friends and family came out to celebrate with us. Landon got so many great things that he and Lofton are enjoying.

When it came to cake time though, all were a little disappointed. He did not dive right in; in fact, I had to give him a taste of the icing hoping he would then proceed to shovel it in, but he just licked around on the icing awhile, and then he was on to something else. He really enjoyed the Cheetos much better than anything, and before the night was over he got his first taste of peanut butter which he liked as much as cake.

It was a fun time, and before I know it, I will be planning a second birthday party. Thanks to all who sent birthday wishes and presents. We are thankful for all of our friends and family.

2 comments:

Joni said...

We really miss you all too! Hopefully, this summer with nobody working we can do some fun things!

Amy Griffin said...

Happy Birthday Landon - sorry we couldn't be there but the cake looks great and I am sure the company was good too.