Friday, January 2, 2009

Boy- N. A Noise With Dirt on It!




Today, we had the luxury of having another warm day. We have gotten to play outside four days in the last week, and my boys have been in hog heaven. They both love to play outside and get dirty. This afternoon while the boys were throwing rocks in the creek, I heard myself say several times, "Lofton, watch out. You're getting muddy," or "Hey guys, be careful. You're getting dirty." At one point, Lofton said, "It doesn't matter. These are my old clothes." They both did have one new shoes, but I laughed to myself and realized that boys will be boys, and I need to let them be. Of course, minutes later Lofton wanted to jump from one side of the creek to the other, but I told him that he might slip in. I swear I saw him roll his eyes at me as he convinced me that he could do it. So, I gave in, and as he successfully jumped from one side of the creek to the other, he said to me, "Take that!"

We came home to find Daddy with caps for Lofton's new cap gun. Lofton thought it was the greatest as he looked for his target- a squirrel. It was pretty cute watching him aim the gun.

Then, if my day of boys wasn't complete, Phillip told me that he wanted to take Lofton camping. I couldn't believe anyone would want to go camping in January, but Phillip said that they could sleep in Phillip's new VAN, which he refers to as a camper; it is as big as one. Phillip said he brought home a space heater. The mom/girl in me told him that I was worried about the cold and could the space heater put off carbon monoxide. He laughed at me, but luckily, he couldn't find a campsite open. But, the boys spent an hour or so in the drive way in their "camper." He said that they are going to sleep in it tonight and go trout fishing in the morning. Why would anyone sleep in a van when there is a perfectly good bed feet away? I guess you have to be a guy. But, I do want to fit in this house of testosterone if I can, so I suggested that we make smores in the fireplace! They agree, and I am on my way to Kroger to get the stuff!

3 comments:

Joni said...

I agree with you; I will take the bed anytime. So did phillip get a new van?

Samantha said...

Poor Carmen-you are in a house full of testosterone and Kurt will be in a house full of estrogen. Somehow I think you will manage better than he:)! You need to put pics up of the new ride!

Amy Griffin said...

AHHH sleeping in the van is hilarious! At least they could watch a movie while dozing off.