Friday, August 1, 2008

Back Where I Come From

The boys and I spent the past week in my hometown of Proctorville, Ohio. It was so nice to go home and spend time with family and friends whom I rarely see. We spent our first full day with my mom, granny, Aunt Kady, Uncle Tommy, Cousin Tiffany, and two of her kids Eli and Micah. Lofton so enjoyed playing with Eli and Micah, but I think the best part of this day was when Lofton organized group games for everyone and to his surprise everyone joined in the fun. He even distributed trophies to the winners of his games- him and Eli. On Sunday we enjoyed a delicious dinner that granny made, and this brought back memories because I have enjoyed many a Sunday dinner at her house. The boys had fun playing with my mom and dad, too. On Monday, I took the boys to my friend Jennifer's house so the boys could play with her girls Libby and Lainey. The boys enjoyed fishing in her pond as well as a boat ride. Monday afternoon Dustin showed up with his dog, and Landon thought he had hit the jackpot because he loves dogs so much. Tuesday, I took Lofton to Camden Park. He and I wore ourselves out. He rode every ride in the park minus three or four that he wasn't allowed to ride; of course, I had to ride with him due to the height requirement. I enjoyed myself as much as he did, but I did get a little sick to my stomach on the Tilt a Whirl. Tuesday evening, I got a little break when I joined Jana for dinner; it was really good to see her; by the way, she is about to have the baby any day now. Wednesday was our last day, and we spent the morning with my mamaw, and we spent the rest of the day with my Cousin Chad and his wife Jennifer and their kids Hannah, Alex, and Benjamin- Abbey was with a friend, so we did not get to see her much. It was a great week, and I even brought a little bit of home back with me- some Jim's Spaghetti and my granny's blackberry pie.

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

Going home is the best - family, friends and the food is not bad either!

Lewis Family said...

OK, I promise reading this blog and seeing your pics made me cry!! I love it. XOXOX AB