Monday, August 25, 2008

Lofton's Masterpiece


When I was in college, I babysat for a family in Bellvue who framed and displayed their children's artwork throughout their house. And since then, I have thought that someday I would do the same thing. I actually gave my parents a framed picture that both boys fingerpainted, but I still hadn't framed anything for myself. Well, yesterday while I was putting Landon down for a nap, I gave Lofton some paper and crayons and told him to draw me a picture of our family. He came up with this beautiful picture that I have now framed in my entrance way. (My mat is too small for his pic, but this will do for now.) He is so proud of himself, and I am, too. He even worked on the details- Landon is shorter than everyone else and bald; Lofton gave himself yellow hair, and he even included Hermie, our hermit crab! I can't wait to display many more masterpieces!

4 comments:

Joni said...

Good work Lofton. That's better than some of the kindergartners I know!

Amy Griffin said...

Very nice! I am impressed too. Good work on the details!

Becky W said...

Precious!!! I had just thought about that the other day and how it was a good idea!

Samantha said...

He did a good job on the drawing, I have always said that I would do that when I had children. Now Sarah just has to draw something!