Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!







Lofton loves Easter, as he does just about any holiday, especially those in which he receives presents. We all have enjoyed the moments leading up to Easter as well. Both boys loved visiting the bunny earlier in the week, and Lofton couldn't wait to decorate eggs, which we did on Saturday. As soon as his eggs were finished, he wanted to have an egg hunt, and since it was so cold, we did it indoors. Luckily, we only decorated six eggs, so I easily kept track of them, and I won't have to worry about finding any in June!

A friend of mine told me that growing up she and her family left carrots out for the Easter bunny, and I love starting traditions, so I thought we would do the same, but Phillip decided to make the bunny carrot cake instead. Lofton decided to leave the Easter bunny a bunny cookie that we had made, and he couldn't resist a bite of it as he put it and the baskets out for the bunny. This morning he woke bright and early to find his basket. I hate that Easter is already over, but as Lofton says, "Next is my (his) birthday party." Actually, Landon's is first, but shortly after Lofton and Phillip will both celebrate their birthdays, and to Lofton's excitement enjoy more presents!

1 comment:

Joni said...

I love ties on little boys! Happy Easter.