Saturday, January 9, 2021

McKenzie's Baptism


MacKenzie Froelich was actually baptized the Sunday after Halloween (two weeks before the boys' hunting trip).  She asked me to come, so Lofton and I rode with Amy and Ella and went to North field.  Little did I know, but I had Covid.   So, that night, I went down hill fast.  By Monday morning, I couldn't smell or taste. 

I actually started feeling bad on Friday the 30th on the way to Lofton's football game.  Landon and Levi had stayed home because the game was about an horu and a half away, and we knew it would be a long, cold night.  On the way there, I didn't feel great.  I slept most of the way, but by the time I got to the game I felt pretty good minus the runny nose.  

On Saturday morning of Halloween, I just had a really bad head cold.  I was worried but knew that I get this congestion and sinus crud every year.  I ended up taking some Ibuprofen and going to the church picnic, but I stayed away from everyone, and then I went to Amy's but hung out outside only just in case.  On Sunday morning, I felt pretty good other than my runny nose.  I felt much better than I had on Saturday.  So, I went to her baptism, and sat with Coach J and Amy.  Sunday night, I felt pretty crummy and crawled in bed.  I had Amy call me in a Z pac, which she said she actually has done every October or November for the past 6 years, so I was confident that it was the same crud I get yearly.  By Monday afternoon (election day), I had lost my taste and smell.  I ended up going for a Covid test after much heart ache and anxiety.  I didn't want to because I knew I had it and I knew Lofton would have to quarantine and miss his first playoff game.  Sure enough, I got it and he had to miss school and a game. I have never felt so bad in my life.  I lost some sleep over it all and worried constantly about him and how upset he would be at me. But at the end of the day, I couldn't in good conscience go to school with Covid.  I had to do the right thing for others.  We quarantined for 14 days.  I taught every day online from home.  It wasn't ideal, but in the grand scheme of things, I didn't get too sick and we were fine.  In the end, that is all that truly matters.  The team won, and Lofton got to play two more games after that.    

 

No comments: