Saturday, January 9, 2021

Christmas 2020




































The build up to Christmas is always so stressful and exhausting, but there is nothing more relaxing than Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  My parents came to visit us a couple of days before Christmas, so we enjoyed time with them.  On Christmas Eve, Eve we went to look at Christmas lights.  Every year, I say I am going to, and we never do, but this year we finally did it, and even better, we did it with my parents who used to drive us around every year looking at lights in Stanford Park where they now live.  On Christmas Eve, I had to, of course, go run a few last minute errands, but then came home and watched a few Christmas movies with Levi and my parents.  The boys went out and shot guns for awhile, too.  Phillip made a delicious dinner of prime rib, rolls, mac n cheese, green beans, sweet potato casserole and yummy desserts.  After dinner, the boys wouldn't ever let us get away with them not opening gifts from my parents.  For their main gifts from my parents, Levi got his Lego Millenial Falcon; Landon got a monitor for the computer he asked for, and Lofton got some clothes and money from my parents.  I let them open some Star Wars shirts from us and some Wii remotes.  This year, Levi wanted to buy my parents gifts by himself.  He bought Mimi some hand lotion and a calendar for her purse.  He bought Pop Pop a cookie mask and cookies. 

On Christmas morning, Landon set an alarm to make sure he got up bright and early at 6:00am, and he came and woke up the rest of us.  We went upstairs as we always do, and the boys opened their Santa gifts and some gifts from us. From Santa their favorites were:   Levi got a Lego table and some Lego sets, Landon got a computer, but it didn't come till the day after Christmas, Santa wrote him a letter; Lofton got a gaming chair.  From us, Levi got a big bean bag chair. Landon got a speaker for the computer he asked for, and Lofton got a record player.  After we opened gifts, I went to get my phone and realized that there had been a bombing in downtown Nashville.  Someone bombed the AT &T building, which left us with no wifi for the entire day and the two days following.  

 We ate brunch and opened gifts from my parents, and they opened their gifts from us. Then we just enjoyed being together and playing with our new gifts.  We watched movies, napped, snacked, and played some games.  

 

No comments: