Monday, July 3, 2017

We Have a Teenager






My favorite quote- "The days are long but the years are short" really hit home this year that Lofton is turning 13.  It seems like yesterday we were celebrating his first birthday.  Where does the time go?  I love watching him grow and mature and become his own person, but I so wish I could freeze time and have my babies under my roof for ever.  Loftiness first celebration was at the beach, but what a great place for him to celebrate since he loves to fish.  He got to go deep sea fishing on his thirteenth birthday.  I got him just a few little things for his birthday- a Bulls hat, a Space Jam t-shirt, a street hockey set, and a teen devotional book.  

At 13 Lofton....
is an all- around athlete.  He plays all sports, but I think football is his favorite
loves Michael Jordan and the Bulls
loves History and Science shows
loves to fish and hunt
is really good at Math.  His teacher this year bragged about just how great he was doing- he is grasping things that no other kids his age are.  She said he should be an engineer. 
is one of the best big brothers around
has a mature relationship with the Lord.  He amazes me at how spiritually mature he is.
loves doing things with the youth group
isn't afraid to get up in front of people at church or school
is extremely outgoing
We are blessed to have him as a son! 

Summer was so busy with sports that we didn't have time to do a big party, but Lofton said he really didn't want to anyway, so Jude spent the night with us and we went to drive go carts and play laser tag.  It was really a fun way to celebrate because Lofton doesn't get to see Jude often during the school year because they are both so busy with sports.  





No comments: