Monday, July 3, 2017

Country Music Marathon









I ran the Country Music Half for the third time this year.  I unfortunately ran it about twenty minutes slower than last year, but in my defense, I didn't hardly train this year.  The most I ran before the race was 8 miles- happy to say I still ran 12 straight before I walked a little up a very long hill.  It was also almost 90 degrees, so surely that slowed me down a little.  All in all, I finished, but it may be my last.  I've lost two toe nails since I ran it, and I am suffering from plantar fasciitis.  Though, I may not run the half again, I did have to man up and run a mile the next day with Levi as he had trained for the Kids' Rock Marathon.  He ran 25 miles total before the day of the race, and then race day he ran one. He did a great job and loved it.  



No comments: