Monday, June 15, 2009

I recently changed my guest bathroom to the boys' bathroom and redecorated it. Phillip had a picture on his cell phone of Lofton holding a large frog, so I had him email me the picture so that I could hang it in our frog themed bathroom, and as I was looking through his phone, I saw these old pictures of Landon taken right before his eye surgery at Vanderbilt. I had always meant to get them printed for his baby book, but I never did. Phillip emailed them to me, and we both were shocked to see just how crossed his eyes were. At our last checkup with Dr. Donahue (a month or so ago), I was reminded just how fortunate we are. Dr. Donahue drew me a diagram of Landon's colabomas and showed me that had they been a little larger or in a different spot that he could've been blind. He also told me that Landon is lucky to not have had to have glasses. Dr. Donahue told us as we were leaving that Landon is "quite a lucky young man." We agree, but we also know that many prayers were answered on Landon's behalf. God is good! We are so blessed.


Minutes before Landon's surgery



16 months later!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Bless his litte heart! He sure is handsome.

Joni said...

I didn't even know about that surgery. We live too far away!!
And he really looks like lofton in that last picture.