Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spider Bite!


Last night when the boys and I came in, there was an enormous spider on the kitchen floor. Of course, it freaked me out, and I am sure that I squealed like a girl while I was trying to kill it, and in the mean time, scared Lofton half to death. He jumped at his own shadow and cried when I told him that it had bitten me- through a paper towel I might add. Well, as I was putting him in the bath and he was still crying, he said, "Spiders are like the devil." I asked him how did he figure, and he said, "Cause they are mean and they bite." I agreed, and a few minutes later in all seriousness, he asked me "Can you shoot webs?" I guess he hasn't quite grasped that Peter Parker/ Spiderman is pretend!

4 comments:

Joni said...

Too cute. That would be pretty handy though, shooting webs.

Jana Thomas said...

That sounds scary to me, too! Makes me not want to kill spiders with anything flimsy.

Amy Griffin said...

did it bite you? i would have been crying too. you needed jude to whip it...

joyof3boys said...

Yes, it did bite me. I screamed a little and that is when Lofton really got upset. I do need Jude to whip it! ha ha