Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hayden!

Big Cousin Lofton helping Hayden


Hayden and Ashley opening gifts


Aunt He-He and Lofton on the teeter totter!


Hayden enjoying his cake


This is a much easier way to eat it


Hayden's hand print in icing!


Hayden took a break from all the fun


Hayden, our nephew/cousin, turned one this weekend, so Lofton and I took a break from the fish fry to go to his party. On the way there, Lofton asked me what we were going to do at a baby's birthday party, and I told him that we would eat cake, and that was all he needed to hear. Lofton had a good time playing on the playground and playing with Hayden; Lofton adores little kids, and he is good with them. However, he wasn't so fond of Hayden when Hayden got icing on Lofton's face. Lofton was standing right beside Hayden while Hayden was eating his cake, and Hayden reached out and touched Lofton on the cheek. Everyone laughed, and Lofton got embarrassed, hung his head down, and started walking out of the room. I followed him and could tell he was holding back the tears, and I got a few tears in my eyes because I felt so sorry for him. Aunt He He came out with a paper towel, and we got him to shake it off a little. He went back in and enjoyed a piece of cake, and I was so happy that he did not retaliate! We had a good time, and it is so hard to believe that Hayden is one!

1 comment:

Jana Thomas said...

That is really funny... the handprint on his face. A good story for when they're older.