Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nashville Shores

After naps on Tuesday, Phillip and I took the boys along with the Griffins to Nashville Shores. Lofton, Ella, and Jude as well as Jonathan and Phillip enjoyed the water slides. I even got to take a ride down the slides with Lofton, and I must admit it was fun, which is why Jonathan and Phillip even went down a larger slide without the kids. Of course, Phillip is a big kid himself, so he enjoyed himself as much as Lofton. In fact, there is an obstacle course type of thing in one of the pools, and Lofton and Ella decided they wanted to do it. As they were waiting in line I went to grab Landon a snack so that I could sit and enjoy the show. When I got back over to the pool they were still in line, and Amy said, "A grown man just took forever to get across. I wonder why a grown man would want to do it." I looked at her and said, "I bet that you are about to find out. You will have an up close and personal interview in a minute." I was right; before the kids went; Phillip took a turn. He successfully got across, and so did Ella. Lofton attempted it twice. He tried his best; Amy said that he even was trying to shoot webs to help him get across. If you are around Lofton at all, you know what this is.

All in all, we all had a great time. Even Landon played in the pool a little, but of course, he enjoyed snacks and just walking around much more. We ended our day at the park with a game of putt putt, and then headed to O'Charleys because everyone had worked up quite an appetite; even Lofton ate really well. It was an exhausting day, and Ella and Landon did not even make it home before falling asleep!

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

Yeah, Puh asked me when I wanted my "interview". It took me a second but I know Puh so I know why.

Samantha said...

What good summer fun! Kurt says that Phillip needs to grow up hahaha