Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Fun

This past weekend was filled with lots of family fun. First of all, on Friday, April and I kept Maggie and McKenna so that Phillip and Charles Jr. could golf. It was a fun and eventful day. The kids had a lot of fun together, but there were times when I was telling myself that I was definetely content with two kids because it seemed like everything happened at once- everyone was tired and hungry at the same times. However, we survived without any disasters, and Lofton and Landon got to enjoy some time with their cousins, and I got to enjoy my neices. Lofton is obsessed with McKenna. He held her a large portion of the day, and he would talk to her so sweetly. If she would get upset while he was holding her, he would pat her and say, "Aah, it is just me." He talked about her quite a bit after they left, and even told me that he needed a baby sister like her that he would name McKenna. Nana also came up later that afternoon, and we all went swimming and ate dinner together.

Then on Saturday, we went to a surprise party for Ann, Phillip's step mom. We again got to see Maggie and McKenna as well as cousin Hayden and Aunt Hee Hee and Aunt Ashley. We enjoyed seeing our family and spending time with them. Lofton can't quit talking about his cousins, and we need to make a point to get them all together more often.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Oh, come on Carmen. You know you want another. Anyway, you need to keep up with the Griffins!