Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Twas The Night Before Christmas

















I love Christmas Eve, but somehow it went by really quickly this year. However, we squeezed in our traditions- cookie making, reindeer dust, opening a few gifts, reading Twas the Night Before Christmas, and a terrific Christmas Eve meal. Mimi and Pop Pop came and brought lots of presents, and we somehow held the boys off from opening them all. And, Phillip and I gave the boys a gift from us; Landon was quite pleased with his Star Wars Pjs, and Lofton was less than thrilled, but they did love the Super Mario figures pack.

I wasn't sure I was going to get the cookies for Santa made but the boys convinced me to do it. I wish we would've recorded the ordeal. Lofton and Landon got a little crazy with the flour, and when I informed them that Santa might not want to eat them, Landon said, "Oh, he's fat; he'll eat them!" Landon too ate one, and Landon snuck a drink of Santa's milk.

When we opened the door to go outside to put out the reindeer dust, we were shocked to see that it was snowing. Then we came in to track Santa online and when I told the boys he was close, they ran to the bedroom and jumped in bed. Wish we had a good excuse like that every night!

No comments: