Monday, December 13, 2010

Mom of the Year


Yeah, I am giving myself a pat on the back because I took the boys to play in the snow/20 degree weather yesterday while Levi and Phillip took a nap. In Phillip's defense, he'd been sick the night before, so I couldn't disappoint the boys. They couldn't wait to go out, so despite my reluctantness, I bundled everyone up, which took over 20 minutes, and we headed out. Surprisingly enough, I didn't get too cold; in fact, I lasted the longest. We cheated a little though. We drove the car to the sled spot and left it running with the heater blaring. So, when we finished sledding (which was so much fun), we jumped in a warm car and got a renewed spirit, so we played a little longer when we got home. Of course, all in all we were only out about 30 minutes or so, but it was 30 minutes more than I thought I'd last!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

So much fun and yeah for you mommy, I know you dont like to be out in the cold!

Joni said...

yes, it always takes longer to get dressed and clean up the mess then it actually does sledding!