Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Showers of Blessings






We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends! On Saturday, July 30th, Amy, Debbie, Cassie, Joni, Marilyn, and Becky surprised me with a baby shower at Amy's. Debbie had been planning for weeks to have a girls' day by the pool. However, timing for me was terrible with training camp and Lofton's first baseball practice, so I declined coming to girls' day. So, the girls, who were secretly planning me a shower, got Rachel Daniel to come babysit so I could come. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only were the girls going to lie by the pool for the afternoon, but that we were also celebrating this baby! It was a much needed celebration because with all of the stressful news we have received throughout this pregnancy regarding Levi's health, I needed to take a breath and enjoy a little bit of this pregnancy. Afterall, we recently received good news that Levi's measurements have all caught up and that I no longer have to go for anymore ultrasounds.

The shower was a lot of fun. We had great food; I received great gifts, and I was surrounded by great company! Thanks to all of you girls for showering me with love and support not only at this shower but throughout this entire pregnancy.


Then this past Sunday we were showered with love and support again at a baby shower at our church. Jordan Kirby and a few other ladies from church threw us a shower. The boys got to attend this one; as we were about to leave, I explained to them that we were going to our baby shower, and Landon said, "I took a shower last night!" I explained that it was more of a party for the baby, and he couldn't have been more thrilled to learn that like at all parties, he was going to get to eat cake! They were so good; in fact, I hardly saw them at the shower. They came in to eat some sweets, and then they played on the playground and played Wii in the church teen room. Again, we received great gifts including lots of diapers and gift cards! (In fact, when we got in the car to go home, Landon took one look at all the presents and started singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town!) We are so blessed to have so many people who love us. We thank everyone for all of the gifts, prayers, love, and support we have received these past 9 months.











1 comment:

Samantha said...

What a great surprise, a shower and a day to relax!! You have some great friends! We had no idea about baby Levi's health and scares that you have underwent. Glad to hear that everything is going good now, I will continue to pray for you and baby Levi. Love the bottom pic of you and the boys, you look fabulous!