Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ABCs and 123s








Well, I did it; I took Lofton to his first day of kindergarten. I wasn't sure Levi was going to stay put long enough for me to get to do it, but I got my wish and got to take Lofton to school today. When I woke him up this morning, he sat right up and said, "I know what today is- it is my first day of school." He came in and sat down to eat muffins (which I woke up early to fix), but he said his stomach kinda hurt and he wouldn't eat but one bite. I did get a little milk down him though. Luckily, he eats lunch at 10:30, so hopefully, he can make it until then.

He was so excited to put on his Mario Brothers backpack and carry his Mario Brothers lunch box. He let me take several pictures without a bit of complaining. When we got to school, I told Landon to hurry up, and Lofton said, "Yeah, Landon, I don't want to get spanked with the thing you use to row a boat (paddle)." I assured him that he wouldn't get spanked for being late and that we wouldn't be late! We got to his room and his teacher, Mrs. Jamie Marvin, showed him where to put his stuff and showed him to his desk. She gave him a choice of playing with playdoh or working a puzzle; he started to look a little nervous, but then his friend Jackson walked in, and Lofton's face brightened up. When we left, he just told us bye and started working with the playdoh. I am proud to say that I didn't shed a tear, but I could feel them coming on. I have started to tear up a few times since we've been home, but Landon is keeping me busy, so I haven't cried yet! I am sure I will eventually.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

OMG, he is so handsome and looks so big on his first day of school. Way to go Mommy for not crying!! Now it is time for Levi!