Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Camping











Phillip has a love for camping, and he has passed that love down to the boys. I being seven months pregnant can't say that I have caught the fever, but I did go and I so enjoyed it because I so loved watching the boys have a good time. We went to Dale Hollow Campgrounds and took Grandfather's boat. Friday night we just set camp and then went into town for some Subway. The boys also enjoyed the playgroud, riding their bikes, and playing with all the kids who were camping near us. Saturday we went on the lake all day with our friends Jeremiah and Kia. Lofton loved swimming in the lake, and he learned from Kia how to float on his back. He asked her how to do it, and she told him that "if you have more body fat than muscle that it is easy." The first words out of his mouth were "Momma, I bet you can float on your back." Out of the mouths of babes.

He and Landon both fell asleep on the boat for a few minutes, but they quickly woke up and went back to swimming and fishing. When we got back to camp, Phillip cooked a good meal (which is the best thing about camping with Phillip- you eat well); we took a walk, and we went fishing again. Lofton so enjoyed riding his bike around the campgrounds; it is a great place to ride.

So, I survived our first camping trip of the summer. Phillip and the boys say they are going again, but I think I'll sit my prego butt on the couch and sleep in my own bed.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I know you made some great memories camping with the boys, but you are braver than I would be, going while pregnant.