Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"SNOW"

The boys have been anxiously anticipating snow since Christmas, and we finally got a little last Thursday. Around 1:00pm, we had enough to play in, so being the great mom that I am (ha ha) I bundled myself and the boys up and took them outside. If you know me at all, I hate to be cold, so taking them out without Phillip is a big deal. I was pleasantly surprised that we stayed outside for about 50 minutes, and I didn't even get too cold; probably because I got a work out pulling them on the sled all over the neighborhood. We had fun sledding and making a little snowman. When we finally gave up and went in, the boys got warm by sitting with a blanket on the heater vent and watching Scooby Doo, and then they both played some video games.

Then, on Friday schools of course were out, and I didn't have to work, so the boys wanted to play in the snow again, but it was way too cold. I talked them out of it by taking them to McDonalds. Phillip was home on Saturday because he wasn't feeling well, but I talked him in to taking them out since we had gotten a little more snow. They had fun riding the sled behind Phillip's bike, and they found a few great hills to sled down before coming in. They were freezing, so I stripped off Landon's wet clothes and told him to run inside while I took Lofton's wet clothes off. When Lofton, Phillip, and I came in, I couldn't find Landon. When I yelled for him, he said, "I'm right here." I found him under our kitchen table face down on the heater vent trying to warm himself up!

Thursday's Snow Adventure








Saturday's Snow Adventure!






1 comment:

Samantha said...

Sounds like you and Phillip both got a workout pulling them around, I love the pics of them together. I bet they are the best of friends