Friday, January 29, 2010

Looks Like Girls Aren't So Bad Afterall!

Lofton came home from school on Wednesday telling me that he had fun playing with his friend. I asked who the friend is, and he said, "It is Macey; she is a girl." I knew better than to tease him, so I just asked him why he liked her. He said that he sits by her in chapel and when they're doing their work; he said that they play together too.

Well, then last night, as we were getting ready for bed Lofton asked, "Is tomorrow Friday, and are we going to school?" When I told him that we might not go because of snow, he was disappointed that he couldn't go see Macey.

This morning, I heard him get out of bed and run in the living room. Then he came in my room and said, "Mom, I prayed to God last night that it wouldn't snow so I could go to school and see Macey. And, guess what? It didn't snow." I hated to burst his bubble, but I told him that this is Tennessee and though there is no snow, we still didn't have school because it might snow later. I told him that I'd call Mrs. Terrie if he wanted me to and if Macey was at school that he could go. Believe it or not, he said ok. He actually wanted to go to school, but when I found out that Macey's mom is a teacher and that Macey wasn't there, he said, "Ok, I'll stay home and play video games." So, not only am I shocked that he wants to go to school to see a girl, but I can't believe he would choose going to school to see her over staying home to play the Wii! This must be a crush!

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

So sweet!

Samantha said...

That is so sweet!! You might be buying your first Valentine's gift:) for Macey