Monday, September 15, 2008

911, There is No Emergency!

What are the odds that a seventeen month old playing with the house phone would call 911? Well, apparently the odds are good. This morning when a telemarketer called, Landon grabbed the phone, and since I saw on caller id it was a telemarketer, and I was on my cell phone, I let him grab it. Less than a minute later I hear, "304 South Aztec... I hear a kid... it must be a mistake." Landon had hit speaker phone, so I grabbed the phone from him and hung it up, thinking it was the telemarketer. Then I started thinking about the fact that the lady on the phone was saying our address and that it must be a mistake, so I assummed he had called someone. I hit redial, and I hear, "911, what is your emergency?" I apologized and explained, and the dispatcher was so understanding; she even laughed. I called Phillip to tell him about it, and the doorbell rang. I thought it might be Amy because I told her I would keep Jude, but to my surprise, two police officers were standing at my door. They too were understanding and found it humorous. Looking back now, it is rather funny, but I was rather humiliated in the moment! I guess this is a story we will tell for years to come!

3 comments:

Becky W said...

Oh my!! I am glad there was no emergency.

Joni said...

It happens more than you think. My sister's kids did that once. At least you know they are on top of things.

Samantha said...

oh how funny, glad that you didn't have an emergency-what are the odds?