Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Lovin- Havin a Blast

Fishing. Camping. Swimming. Playing. Grilling. Sleeping (does 7:00 am count as sleeping in?) There are so many things to love about summer! We are thoroughly enjoying our summer right now. Lofton and Phillip have gone fishing several times and are planning a camping trip. I have taken the boys swimming about every day for the past couple of weeks because it is an oven outside lately reaching temps in the high 90s. Lofton loves the pool this year, and Landon is warming up to it since the water is warming up too. The boys also love spending time with their friends; we even got to see the Nesbitts this past week when they came to visit. Lofton was thrilled to see Reesi. Yesterday, Amy and I had to take the kids to jump because we couldn't stand another day of the heat. So many fun things come with summer including sleeping in for us teachers. I have enjoyed sleeping in until 7:00 if this counts, but it is better than ten till 6:00. One more great thing about warm weather is picnics, eating on our porch, and enjoying Phillip's dinners from the grill. Phillip has gotten a lot of use from his grill, and we are all enjoying the benefits of it. We just love summer!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hey Carmen,

I was wondering if that "Carmen" commenting on my blog was you...:) Well, I'm glad to read "The joy of boys" b/c it is just that. Yours' are precious, too. Now, I can keep up with you. I just called your monogramming friend to place an order. She may just be my new best friend-ha! Anyway, thanks for the sweet comments.

~Rhonda