Sunday, February 24, 2008

Landon is 10 months


Landon turned ten months old on Monday, and I did not even realize it until Wednesday. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. This year has flown by; I am already starting to plan his birthday. It is unreal.
He has changed so much in the last month. He has learned to clap, which he will do for just about anything. Lofton begins soccer on Tuesday, and I have been telling him that we are going to come to his games, and that Landon is going to clap, and that Daddy and I are gonna say, "Go, Lofton! Go!" Lofton tells me that it hurts his ears and that he doesn't want me to say that; he has approved the clapping though, which is great for Landon.
Landon also loves to wave, but more than anything, he loves to eat! He is a true McConnell, and Phillip is thrilled to have a son who will actually eat anything Phillip cooks. Yesterday, Landon had half of a waffle for breakfast, chicken noodle soup, a fourth of a grilled cheese, and a yogurt for lunch, and about ten french fries, half of a chicken nugget, and some orange sherbert for dinner. He is anti baby food, and he is about over the bottle.
We are so blessed to have two wonderful sons. They make each day such a joy. I hate that they are both growing up so quickly. It is hard to believe that Lofton will be four in four months. He is a big boy. He does everything for himself. He can get dressed himself, can bathe himself (with the exception of washing his hair); he can get his own drink from the fridge, and he has learned to drag the stool in the kitchen and get a snack. This turned bad the other day when he got an apple from the fridge and a knife off of the counter. He was attempting to saw the apple in half when I noticed what he was doing and about gave him a heart attack, when I said in a tone just like my mom's, "Lofton, what are you doing? You could really hurt yourself; you don't want to cut off a finger do you?" He, of course, said he was sorry, and we had a lesson in the dangers of knives. I think he understands, but Phillip is still going to lock them up.
At the old age of 3 and 1/2 Lofton also has taken naps out of his daily routine. He usually does well, and can get along without one, but occassionally, he will hit a wall, and he won't be able to go on any longer. Watch the attached video to see what I mean.

2 comments:

Joni said...

You deserve a good eater! Lofton sleeping is too much. Reesi gets tired, but she's never done that!

Amy Griffin said...

That is a great video! At least he isn't 60 and sitting in church.