Saturday, July 30, 2022

Family Vacation to Cedar Point








































We have gone to Kings Island several times, and Lofton loves roller coasters, so I have been saying for awhile now that I need to take him to Cedar Point.  We didn't really do much planning this summer for our family vacation- we kinda planned it last minute.  We debated not even going but in the end, we decided we wanted to get away together for a bit, and I am so glad that we did.  Phillip booked a cabin on the resort, and we left on Monday.  I knew I wanted to hit the park on a weekday in hopes it wouldn't be as crowded.   We had such a great trip.  When we got there, I just enjoyed sitting on the deck listening to the water and enjoying the weather- it was only about 70 degrees.  The boys hit the pier and started fishing, and they had a lot of luck.  They were pulling them in like crazy, so they fished for a long time.  We finally went to dinner and found a place outside on the water; I wanted to eat outside, but we quickly regretted that as we froze.  We even went to Walmart after dinner to get sweats and sweatshirts because we feared we'd freeze at the park.  The next day, we got to go in an hour early since we stayed on the property.  We quickly realized it wouldn't be cold, but it really wasn't hot.  We started off by riding the Magnum; we didn't have to wait at all.  That ride wasn't as fun as I once remembered, and Landon didn't enjoy it, and I thought he would then refuse to ride anymore, but he surprised us all and himself when he rode every coaster at Cedar Point.  Levi rode them all but one.  We had a great time.  Though I am a beach bum, I really think this was one of my favorite vacations:  I enjoyed spending the entire day together.  We waited in lines together- though none of them were very long.  We just got to spend a lot of time together.  It was just a great day; a long day 9:00am-10pm, but it was the best.  

Then the next day, I really wasn't ready to go home: I craved more family time together, so Phillip agreed to go to Putt in Bay: I remembered going in high school with the youth group, and I loved it, so we ventured there.  Until we arrived at the boat dock, I hadn't remembered getting there by ferry.  Taking the ferry over was fun though and we rented a golf cart and just toured the island.  We at lunch on the water and listened to live music: It felt like we were at the beach.  We all loved Lake Erie and agreed we would all go back.  We left the island that evening and drove part of the way home and got a hotel.  Levi swam in the pool and we ate pizza.  Sometimes the best trips are the unplanned spur of moment fly by the seat of your pants trips.  

 

No comments: