Monday, January 22, 2018

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year






































This year Christmas felt as if it came so quickly; I didn't feel like I had soaked it up and enjoyed all the things that come with it.  However, it did come quickly, and I didn't feel super prepared, but it slowed down once it came.  Christmas Eve is always my favorite.  We made cookies, opened gifts from Mimi and Pop Pop, watched a Christmas movie, put out reindeer dust, read Twas the Night Before Christmas, and really enjoyed being with Mimi and Pop Pop who came earlier this year so we got to spend several days with them.  

Christmas day was super relaxing.  The boys rose pretty early and opened their gifts.  Some of their favorites were Lofton's phone and Echo dot; Landon's video games for his Switch and his rip stick; Levi got a zip line and a tent that he loved.  The of course got lots of other things, but these were some of their favorites.  We had a big brunch, so we never really felt like eating a Christmas meal as we usually do, but we had it the day after Christmas.  I even took  a nap on Christmas day, which was a gift to me because I never nap.  It as always was a wonderful time.  Spending time with family is the best gift of all.  

No comments: