Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break

Our spring break came a little early this year, but it really couldn't have come any sooner. I needed the week off. We enjoyed not having to get up early and rush out the door for school, and at the end of the week, we enjoyed the warmer weather. Jude spent the day with us Monday, and I re-painted our kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets while the boys played; it feels good to get something productive done. On Wednesday (St. Patty's Day), we went bowling with the Griffins and to lunch at Black Eyed Pea. Then Amy took the boys home with her to let them watch a movie with Ella and Jude; it was nice to have a few hours to just do nothing, which is what I did. Thanks, Amy and Jonathan. We played at Moss Wright Park and had a picnic on Thursday. It was a beautiful sunny spring day, and Becky and I beat the kids at a game of kick ball. Phillip took the day off Friday, and we went with the Griffins to the zoo and ended the day with a cookout! Amy bravely took Lofton home with them to spend the night with Jude. When I picked him up on Saturday, I found out that they'd woken up at 1:00am and Jonathan caught them playing the Wii. Apparently, they thought the 1 looked like a 7, or it was 1:07. Either way, they weren't supposed to get up until 7:00am. I hate that it is over and we've been back to our normal routine for a week, but summer is right around the corner- at least I hope the summer weather is.

No comments: