Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Much Fun

Well, the forecast was actually right, and we actually got snow and quite a bit of it. So, on Saturday the Griffins came over to sled. There was quite a bit of crying and complaining, but there was also a lot of smiling, laughing, and sledding. Poor Jude got off to a bad start when he somehow got covered in snow and his gloves came off. I really felt badly for him; I could feel his pain. I hate to be cold. However, unlike me, he powered through it and kept on going. The kids and Phillip and Jonathan sledded for about 30 minutes, and then the kids had had enough. Landon said to me, "Daddy can pull me home on the sled; that is a good idea." It was, but I somehow ended up carrying him most of the way. When we got home, I starting taking off Landon's wet clothes, and when I finished, I told him that he was good to go- meaning he could go in. He took me literally and said, "I am not good." He wasn't; he was freezing. He always takes me literally because of course he is two, so when we went in, he was wanting to heat up on the vent, but the heat wasn't on. I told him I'd have to kick it on, and he stood up and started kicking it; it was too funny. We spent the rest of our Saturday hanging out with the Griffins. The kids played, and I don't think Amy and I left the couch. It was a relaxing, lazy snow day.

On Sunday, the boys refused to go out; they both told me it was too cold. However, when we came home from school on Monday, both boys wanted to build a snowman. Since, it had warmed up and the snow had started to melt, it was perfect packing snow, so, we finally built a real snowman, and the boys had a great time having a snowball fight with Phillip. I am glad that we got to enjoy this snow because it is the most snow Lofton has seen, and it is the most snow Tennessee has seen since 2003.

No comments: