Friday, February 12, 2010

Coming Soon in August of 2010 !




For those of you who may not know, we are expecting a new baby brother or sister in August of 2010. Lofton is so excited, and he surprisingly wants a baby sister. Landon wants to name the baby Diego, so I can only assume that he wants a brother. At this point, I will take either; I just want a healthy baby.

We had a scare/ traumatic experience this past week. I went for my first OB appointment last Thursday, and my doctor did a routine ultra sound to check the exact birth date. She called me on Friday to tell me that she needed to talk to me about the results. Apparently, the baby's neck was measuring larger than it should, and it could be a sign of a genetic disorder, so she scheduled me for a more extensive utlra sound at Maternal Fetal Group yesterday. So, as one can imagine, this was a difficult week, and had it not been for the support and prayers of my family and friends, I couldn't have gotten through it. I am thrilled to say that we received great news yesterday; the first ultra sound tech measure something that wasn't a part of the baby, so the neck measurement is perfectly fine. Just when I thought I couldn't cry anymore, I cried tears of joy. God is so good!

Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus!" Thanks to all who got me through this difficult time. I began to feel a calming peace last Sunday that is hard to describe. Please continue to pray for us and the health of baby McConnell #3.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

YEAH!!! We are so excited for all of you. I pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Joni said...

So glad everything turned out well!
Can't wait to meet the new McConnell

Becky W said...

Whoo Hoo! I am so excited for you and will add you to my prayer list! Keep me posted! My friend Brittany said she got in touch with you. Thanks for helping her! She really appreciated it!

Spellings Fam said...

Wonderful news! We will be praying for health and safety for you and the baby.