Monday, March 2, 2009

My New Student




On Fridays, my seventh graders read to Lofton's preschool class. This last Friday, our library was closed due to the upcoming book fair, so the Caterpillars came to my classroom. Lofton was so excited to show his friends "his momma's room." In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, I read The Cat in the Hat, and we made hats and played pin the hat on the cat. When it was time to leave, Lofton tried to convince me that he could sit in my room and play computer all afternoon while I taught, so I had to make a deal with him that I would pick him up right at 3:00, so he could play on my computer while I got ready to leave!

2 comments:

Joni said...

How sweet. That's what I miss:( being at the same school as Reesi!

Samantha said...

He is so proud of his Mommy and wanted to be there with her.