Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 08

Lofton woke up on Halloween morning asking me if it was really FINALLY Halloween. We had decorated earlier than normal, and Mimi bought his costume early that I think he thought it would never get here. His Halloween celebration began with a party at school which Daddy attended. Daddy was the hit of the party because he brought chicken fingers for all the kids. I stopped in at Lofton's party between classes, and he was so pleased to show me that Daddy had come to his party.

When we came home from school, Mimi was at our house. She watched the boys while I made a Halloween themed dinner. I was so proud of myself; it was an easy meal, but I never voluntarily cook dinner. After dinner, we all got dressed up and headed out. Landon was so funny; one would have thought that it wasn't his first time to trick or treat. He knew exactly what to do, and he knew the prize that awaited at every house- candy. He couldn't wait to look in his bag after every house. He ate a sucker along the way too because he just couldn't wait to get home. When we did get home, he tore into his bag. I thought I was never going to distract him from it. It was a great night.

4 comments:

Joni said...

I want to know what your meal was!
reesi (Reesi had to sign her name)

Joni said...

Never mind, i just saw your picture.

Samantha said...

It looks like they had a great time trick or treaing, and you guys did too. The costumes were great! They looked so cute dressed up!

Jana Thomas said...

You are so impressive with you halloween dinner. They looked really cute. And Lofton saying the 23rd Psalm is priceless.