Friday, December 27, 2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas

I love Christmas Eve, but every year it comes and goes so quickly, and I don't feel like I get the good out of it. This year my parents took the boys to see Walking with Dinosaurs, and I had planned to stay home to watch a Christmas movie and to wrap, but I went out and did some last minute shopping, and had to stay up till 12 to get it all done. However, the boys and I got home around 2 and made cookies for Santa and reindeer food. Phillip cooked a great meal and after dinner the boys opened gifts from Mimi and Pop Pop! They could hardly contain themselves; there is no way they would've waited till Christmas morning. We ended the evening by tracking Santa, feeding the reindeer, and by reading Twas the Night Before Christmas. Then my parents and I watched It's a Wonderful Life while I wrapped. Next year, I vow to finish my shopping before Christmas Eve and to wrap everything beforehand. I was still wrapping Christmas day to get my nieces and nephews gifts together. Ugh.

No comments: