Thursday, August 16, 2012

Landon's 1st Day of PreK

Deciding whether or not to send Lofton to Kindergarten when he was 5 or 6 was a difficult decision but once I made it, it was the best decision. So, when it came time for Landon to start PreK, I just figured he'd have to start a t5 since he is an April baby. However, a friend has a son who is also an April baby and he started at 6, so when I realized I had a choice, it was an easy one this go around. So, Landon is going to kindergarten next year, and he started Pre-K this year. All summer, he told me that he wasn't going to school. He wasn't the slightest bit interested; therefore, I dreaded the day he'd start. He pleasantly surprised me when the night before his first day, he couldn't wait. He'd visited his class a day earlier and had seen the class hamster, and he was hooked. He took his hermit crab the first day, and he enjoyed every minute of school. I thought for sure he'd hate nap time since he hasn't napped since he last went to day care when he was 3. However, he told me he rested, and that it wasn't bad. :) He didn't want to leave when I picked him up after his first day, and he begged me to go back the next day though he isn't going 5 days a week. So, I couldn't be happier that he is happy!

No comments: