Saturday, July 17, 2010

One on One Time









Phillip and Lofton met grandfather in Daytona for some deep sea fishing. Grandfather had told Lofton awhile back that when he was six that he could go deep sea fishing, and if you know Lofton, you know he didn't forget it. So, he took Grandfather up on it and enjoyed 2 days of deep sea fishing with him and Daddy. Lofton had a great time and caught several fish. When he got home, he told me that he missed me and Landon but would love to go back to the beach.

I agree with him! I am such a beach bumb and as much as I would have loved to have gone, I just couldn't bring myself to sit in the car for 10 hours since we just got home from Destin. If I wasn't pregnant, I'd have toughed it out for some beach time, but Landon and I decided to stay home. We too had a great time. We went to 3 different parks, swam with Ella and Jude, went to Peekaboo Playtown with Ella, and sat in bed every evening and watched tv together.

It was great to spend some time one on one with our boys. Since I didn't get to spend time with Lofton and Phillip didn't get time with Landon, I took Lofton yesterday to see The Karate Kid (my all time favorite movie growing up! I loved Ralph Macchio) and Phillip took Landon to golf on the "big golf course" as Landon calls it. Lofton surprised me when he cried 3 times during the movie. He is such a sensitive little boy! After the movie, I had to explain to him how it wasn't real that the people were actors. After a long conversation about movies and real and pretend, I said, "Maybe we shouldn't have gone to see it; I hate that you cried." He said, "I was just acting!" So, I think he understands the difference!

2 comments:

Joni said...

He sounds like larry. When we were dating I caught larry tearing up to one of those lifetime christmas movies and he said he just scratched his eye.

Samantha said...

WOW, if he is that good, then he needs to start some acting classes:)...I hope you are feeling well, cant wait to meet the new addition!!