Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Please Don't Go, Mimi


My mom came to keep the boys the weekend of WHCA formal, and she stayed for most of the following week because one day we had 3 doctors appointments between Landon and me. The boys had a great time with Mimi. They played in the creek several days and found what Lofton believes to be Indiana Jones's camp. So, of course, when Mimi left, the boys made me contiue to take them to Indy's place. As we were nearing the camp, Landon jokingly said, "Uh, oh, Indy Jones there is a snake." I looked and saw a tree branch that did look like a snake, but when I looked a little higher there really was a snake. Being the terrific mom that I am, I refused to walk past it even though the boys had already passed it. I found a safer route and stood in my safe place and directed them to safety. When they got to me, Landon wanted me to hold him to see the snake, but Lofton said, "No, thanks. I am good." Luckily, I think we won't have to go back to see Indiana Jones's camp! Even if they beg and plead, I know I won't go back; we'll save that adventure for the next time Mimi visits.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Those Mimi's are the best aren't they!! I don't blame you for not going back..i would have turned around right then and went home. I hope you are doing well!!