Friday, October 30, 2009

Carving our Pumpkin






Lofton and Phillip carved our pumpkin Thursday night. Of course, we cheated and used the carving patterns. Lofton really had fun, but when he saw what I was doing, he took a break from carving. He saw that I was making "eyeballs" for his class party, which consisted of pudding, lifesaver gummies, and jelly beans. Once he saw the Life Saver gummies, he decided that helping me was more fun. He and Landon both helped me for awhile, but then they went back to the carving.

We unfortunately haven't put a light in the pumpkin yet because we had a little emergency after our carving. Landon pulled a pot of hot soup over on him, and we spent the next two hours desperately trying to soothe his pain. Luckily, he slept through the night, and he hasn't mentioned his back once today. We are so blessed and fortunate. God is good!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Nice carving! I am glad to hear Landon is better. I think kids are tougher than we are sometimes.